*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *
a web-resource for postgraduates in anthropology with the support of C-SAP
and the ASA.

The website will provide a resource for postgraduates that deals with
matters often falling outside the remit of training programmes, such
as personal issues and well-being during fieldwork, the writing process,
professional development, pedagogy and advice on pursuing careers within and
outside academia. This responds to the very positive response we have had to
recent journal issues that dealt with the more personal side of conducting
anthropological research, in addition to C-SAP’s concern with teaching and
learning and the ASA’s ongoing concern with engaging postgraduates. We are
also working with C-SAP on moving some of the material on teaching
anthropology from their website to the Anthropology Matters resource when
C-SAP shuts down next year.

As part of the initiative we are looking for informal and
brief contributions for the website from current postgraduate students and
recent graduates of postgraduate programmes in anthropology about their
experiences during and after postgraduate study. The themes that we would
like your help with are outlined in the attached questionnaire. Your
submission will be treated confidentially.

Please email all responses to: [log in to unmask] by 11
March 2011.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer Peachey

PhD Candidate, University of Manchester