Are you excited by data? Are you ready for a new challenge?

We're interested in talented applied scientists, with experience of working with large real world data sets in a first-class research environment. With a proven track record in tackling challenging scientific problems and the desire to apply your skills to a new field, you will really enjoy the fresh questions that the financial markets pose. Winton Capital is an investment manager that uses algorithms, developed by their scientists and researchers, to trade the financial markets. Thus your role would be at the heart of the business and at the cutting edge of quantitative finance research.

The role involves:
• Analysing historical financial data to reveal underlying patterns, correlations, and trends.
• Using applied statistical techniques to develop quantitative models to predict price movements in financial markets.
• Developing novel tests and tools to aid pattern recognition in financial data sets to aid pattern recognition.
• Working with like minded talented researchers, from a wide range of quantitative disciplines.
• Acquiring a sophisticated understanding of financial markets and Winton’s proprietary research techniques.

Requirements:
• A PhD in an applied science.
• At least 5 years' experience of analyzing and refining real-world data sets into their useful components.
• Fluency with statistics alongside the ability to develop original measures and tests fit for purpose.
• The drive to see research projects through from beginning to end and hit deadlines.
• An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research, fuelled by the desire to work with colleagues as motivated as you are.

We excel at applying advanced scientific techniques to the analysis of financial markets. We pride ourselves on providing a collaborative environment where original thought and stimulating research can flourish, bridging the gap between academia and finance.

You'll enjoy the same financial rewards as you can find in the City, such as a highly competitive basic salary and quarterly bonuses. But you will also enjoy an unlimited budget with which to explore your research, the opportunity to attend conferences, free lunch (yes it does exist!), pension scheme, family healthcare cover, flexible holiday scheme and a well stocked fridge and coffee machine.

Positions are available at our Oxford and London research centres.

To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [log in to unmask] with "Researcher - AllStat List" in the subject box. We look forward to hearing from you.

Your new business card will say: Winton Capital Management.

SIGNOFF allstat