Start with RNID

Brian Towers

www.theaccessconsultancy.co.uk

From: Accessibuilt list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Mifsud, Direct Access Counsultancy Ltd
Sent: 04 February 2011 17:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Little subtitling support on HDTV channels

Dear all,

I noticed there is very little subtitling support on HDTV channels for people with hearing impairments like myself.

Apart from Skysports, Sky One and BBC One HD / BBC HD Channels. There are no subtitles on ITV HD / Channel 4 HD, E4 HD, Film 4 HD, or ESPN HD, National Geographic channels as well.

Some channels have subtitles on Normal channels but not HD version of Normal channels.  I am not sure who is the best person to complain but I have complained to ITV and Channel 4 in the past.

Any ideas?

Steven

Steven Alexander Mifsud BA (Hons) Arch

Director
Access and Inclusive Design Consultant

Inclusive Environments and Access Auditing

DIRECT ACCESS CONSULTANCY LTD
(Head Office)

Middlewood Farm

Sarn Rd

Threapwood

Cheshire

SY14 7AW

(Midlands Office)

1 Thomas Webb Close

Daventry

Northamptonshire

NN11 4BE

e:   [log in to unmask]
w:  www.accessdda.com / www.accessaudits.com / www.equalityaccessaudits.com

m:  07786547700 (SMS or text only)

Direct Access Consultancy Ltd is registered in England and Wales with Company Registration number 5185023

VAT Registration number: 990 3499 80

Registered office: Middlewood Farm, Sarn Rd, Threapwood, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 7AW

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete and inform [log in to unmask]. Direct Access Consultancy Ltd will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration to the contents of this message by a third party, or by result of any virus being passed on.

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you

----------End of Message---------- Run by SURFACE for more information on research, consultancy and the distance taught MSc. in Accessibility and Inclusive Design programme visit: http://www.surface.salford.ac.uk Archives for the Accessibuilt discussion list are located at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/accessibuilt.html