Dear Friends

I take your point & hope John Power will expand on his thesis.
Like Dave I have also found many of the more right wing Satanists & Setians very charming and generous folk -
same goes for some of the devotees of Runes etc - who can be very honorable and generous in lots of ways.
Even so, its probably wise not to get on the wrong side of them - btw its not the magick power
i would fear but the threat of physical violence.

I've been involved with this scene a long time and I'd be really surprised if none of the contribs to your collection agrees -
yes - reactionary views are not confined here but it is fairly distinctive - and often connected - ie runes/fascism/satanism.
Over the years there have been various alternative streams and groups that have worked to emphasise the anarchic/communistic
aspect of the Sethian archetype, as opposed to the spiritual blitzkrieg favoured by the more wellknown groupings.

"Love and do what you will"

Mogg Morgan

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
and i know enough people who profess to be Satanists to be very aware that it is a hugely complex area to define- some of the most charming and generous folk i've ever met have been S-ists, and yet aren't they supposed to be 'evil selfish assholes?' (neopagan 'tabloid' perspective, sometimes)

the usual academic fudge applies, we maybe need to call it satanismS for clarity i suppose- and your Ashgate book project was fabulous for highlighting simply how diverse a subject it is

cheers, and Hail Sat....  : )

Dave