From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Broadbent
Sent: 25 January 2011 14:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SHCG-LIST] Rugby Programmes

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------

Dear all,

Wigan Heritage Service is a joint service that has museum, local studies and archive collections. There are separate stores for each of the collections and there is an Archivist, a (museum) Collections Officer (me) and a Local History Officer. On being offered a set of Wigan rugby programmes we have realised that we have not had a consistent approach to this type of material. We have some rugby programmes the museum collection, some in the archive collection and some in the local studies collection. Does anyone else have a similar situation? Where do you feel this type of material fits best?

We'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jenny

Jennifer Broadbent
Collections Officer

Wigan Heritage Service
Wigan Leisure and Culture Trust

Address: Museum of Wigan Life, Library Street, Wigan, WN1 1NU
Telephone: 01942-827594 (external) / 2594 (internal)
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

________________________________
>>Corporate Disclaimer<<
Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust
Registered office: Robin Park Headquarters, The Indoor Sports Centre, Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan, WN5 0UL.
Registered in England and Wales, Registration Number:- 04624607
Registered Charity Number:- 1105278
A company limited by guarantee.

Wigan Leisure & Culture Enterprises Limited
Registered office: Robin Park Headquarters, The Indoor Sports Centre, Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan, WN5 0UL.
Registered in England and Wales, Registration Number:- 4639273

Please visit http://www.wlct.org
The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST
--
The use of Brent Council's e-mail system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and other lawful purposes.