From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites on behalf of Sarah Whitcher Kansa
Sent: Fri 2011-01-14 9:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Roman amphitheatre bones

Hi all,

The direct link to MacKinnon's publication in BoneCommons is:
http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/bonecommons/items/show/1725

Best wishes,
Sarah

On 1/14/2011 12:37 AM, Michael MacKinnon wrote:

	References for amphitheatre animal bones from Roman Mediterranean sites are included in the following:

	MacKinnon, M. 2006. 'Supplying exotic animals for the Roman amphitheatre games: new reconstructions combining archaeological, ancient textual, historical and ethnographic data.' Mouseion, Series III, vol. 6: 137-161.

	Case studies from Rome and Carthage are included within that article, as well as some broader discussions about the mechanics behind providing animals for such events.

	I uploaded that to the BoneCommons page.

	Best wishes,

	Michael

	Dr. Michael MacKinnon
	Associate Professor
	Department of Anthropology
	University of Winnipeg
	515 Portage Avenue
	Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2E9
	Canada

	phone: (204) 786-9752
	e-mail: [log in to unmask]

	>>> Peter Popkin <[log in to unmask]> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  01/13/11 11:31 AM >>>
	Dear font of all knowledge,

	I'm writing up the bones from Chester Roman amphitheatre and seeking
	comparative reports. Any references you can pass my way would be
	appreciated - pdfs doubly so.

	Happy new year!

	Peter

--