I need to make a clarification, my worry from today's dteam and sites meeting is unfounded. ATLAS do now intend to migrate any data from what is currently deployed in MCDISK to DATADISK; they merely intended to (over time) delete data from MCDISK.  The request to move space however is still valid.
Regards
Brian

From: Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 17 January 2011 11:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reduction in ATLASMCDISK space token.

ATLAS are in the process of decommissioning  of the MCDISK space token .  Their aim of unifying DATADISK and MCDISK starts by moving datasets from MCDISK to DATADISK. With this in mind; please can sites in the UK  who currently have more than 5TB of free space in their ATLASMCDISK space token please reduce the MCDISK space to a size that leaves the space token with only 5TB of free space. Please allocate this freed space into the ATLASDATADISK space token.
Regards
Brian