Apologies for cross-posting. All enquiries to [log in to unmask]

From: E-FAITH secretariat [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 January 2011 15:22
To: Jack Kirby
Subject: Campaign for an European Year of Industrial and Technical Heritage

Recently E-FAITH, the European Federation of Associations of Industrial and Technical Heritage, launched a campaign to influence the the European authorities (European Commission and/or Council of Europe) to declare a European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-FAITH does want this initiative to grow bottom-up, showing that there is a large interest in Europe for this kind of heritage.
We therefore appeal to all heritage organisations, local preservation groups, associations for regional and local history, associations of museum friends and friends of heritage sites, museums, regional development and tourism organisations, etc. to endorse this campaign by approving the memorandum pleading for the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year. Once a large number of associations have shown their support we will then go to the European authorities asking them to declare such a year. Our aim is to have the support of at least 250 organisations from at least 15 European countries before contacting the EU ande the CoE.

May we therefore ask you to support the initiative by approving the Memorandum.
If your organisation or institute does support the idea, please copy the text of the memorandum on your letterhead and send the approved copy, dated and duly undersigned by your representative(s) to our secretariat.
In attachment we do send you the English version of the memorandum.

The information on the campaign and the first results are available at http://www.e-faith.org/home  (go to 'Campaigns'). The text of the memorandum is now also available in 18 languages - If there isn't yet a version available in your language we will be delighted if you or somebody else from your country could produce a translation, which we can add to the website.

Please also forward the information about the campaign to other organisations and institutes in your country and abroad.
Spread the gospel !
Thanks for your support
Adriaan Linters
general secretary

E-FAITH
the European Federation of Associations of Industrial and Technical Heritage
fax +32.56.255173
secretariat @ e-faith.org
http://www.e-faith.org

p/a Vredelaan 72
B-8500   Kortrijk

Nex E-FAITH weekend for volunteers and associations :
Nov. 19-21 2010, Venice (Italy)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- *

Disclaimer

The information in this email is confidential. The contents may
not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately at the below address. Thinktank / Millennium Point
cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a
public network. If you suspect that the message may have been
intercepted or amended, please contact the sender.

Address and Registered Office

Thinktank Trust
Millennium Point
Curzon Street, Birmingham, B4 7XG
Registered Charity Number 1061898
Registered Company Number 03239119

Millennium Point Trust
Millennium Point
Curzon Street, Birmingham, B4 7XG
Registered Charity Number 1059451
Registered Company Number 03227575
AV Scanning - Confirmed Clean {Disclaimer REF #10495346792~}

To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words in the body of the email: SIGNOFF STI-SSN