Was Margaret Davie boiled alive for her crime?  I read through several of
the early Elizabethan editions of John Stow's *Summary of English Chronicles
* last year while writing on Henry VIII, and I remember Stow writing at
length (well, relative length given the summary form of his chronicle) about
a poisoner in Henry's reign who was boiled alive for his transgression.
Stow was obviously horrified at the ferocity of the punishment.  I'm not
sure if that savage penalty held throughout the entirety of Henry's reign or
not; I believe the execution of the male cook took place in the 1530s.

Scott