Bookings open for two new one day seminars

1.    Successful bidding: day clinic

10th March 2011

Woburn House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ

10.30 - 17.00

One day version of our unique hands-on research bidding seminars as featured in THE

Tutor: John Wakeford

Maximum number of participants: 12

Bring a draft or previously unsuccessful application for advice on how to turn it into an award-winning form.

£295 +vat to include buffet lunch and refreshments

Comments on our research bidding seminars:

'When attending your last year's seminar on how to write successful bids for research funding I had brought along a draft for an ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowship application..... I have now learned from ESRC that my fellowship application was successful, and I will start with the fellowship sometime later this year!' Participant 2008

'The course was excellent. I think it will probably change my entire approach to writing grant proposals and will most wholeheartedly recommend it to my colleagues. So, once again, many thanks.'  Dr. Miriam V. Dwek, Senior Lecturer in Biochemistry, University of

Westminster.

http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s1.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s1.htm>

2.    Ensuring PhD students complete on time

Special hands-on workshop and launch of new video to share our unique approach to this key issue for institutions and the REF

11th March 2011

Woburn House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HQ

10.30 - 17.00

Tutor: John Wakeford

£295 +vat to include buffet lunch and refreshments

You save £200 if you purchase the video including a licence for unlimited  intranet use

You are invited to join a small group to discuss a new way of addressing one of the most intractable issues for institutions: improving the qualification rate of their doctoral programmes.

During the afternoon we will be launching The Good Doctorate Video, a completely new professional, broadcast quality, half hour video featuring our approach and created in partnership with Birkbeck Research School by Angel Productions. This is the latest addition to the well-received series comprising the Good Viva Video, Good Supervision Video and the Good Presentation Video.  Participants will be offered a special £200 reduction if they decide to order a copy for their institution.

We will also make available a portfolio of materials that you can use for student and supervisor training in-house.

http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s2.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s2.htm>

Future seminars

Effective supervision                                                7/8 April                                                                                                         http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s3.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s3.htm>

Research strategy and the REF                  5/6 May                                                                                                           http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s4.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s4.htm>

Funding research ethics (with Auril)         13May

                                                            http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s5.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s5.htm>

Facing up to future funding agendas         9/10 June

                                                            http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s6.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s6.htm>

Bidding for research funding (with additional version for Research support staff)

(full details posted by end January)                       15/16 and 16/17 June                                                                                     http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s7.htm <http://www.missendencentre.co.uk/s7.htm>

Enquiries: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Booking enquiries [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>   or call Eva on 01494 866811

John Wakeford
Missenden Centre
www.missendencentre.co.uk
mobile: 07905111415