The Biochemical Society is celebrating its Centenary throughout 2011. As part of our the celebratory activities we are running a science communication competition for under- and postgraduate students. We would be really grateful if you could help us to publicise it!

To enter students must submit an original piece of writing on a molecular bioscience topic of their choice, aimed at the general public.

The winning article will be published in our members' magazine 'The Biochemist' and on the Biochemical Society website. Cash prizes (1st prize: £500; 2nd Prize £250; 3rd prize £100) and certificates will also be awarded at a prize-giving event in London.

For more information on the criteria, prizes and details of how to enter, please visit: www.biochemistry.org/sciencecommunication

Gemma Garrett MBiochem

Head of Education

The Biochemical Society