On 2011/01/06 19:58, aga yamin wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Dear Brendan

Please see my point of view below:

Your question is: how do I influence colleagues (if at all)

1.    Perhaps you can exert educational influence on colleagues in two ways:

·         By Exercising Innate Leadership Abilities

·         By Employing Designed  Activities to educationally influence on others

2.    and how do they influence me?

·         It depends on the degree  and extent of your knowledge, understating and your perceived benefits of your new learning.

3.      What is the nature of this influence and how can it help me understand the idea of professional development and Inservice Training?

·         In service training is one of the techniques of professional development. In-service training is a process and professional development is the outcome.

·         Nature of influences can be explained in many ways:

Intensity of influence: i.e.: Some educational influences are temporary and some are permanent. In both cases, nature of influence is related to: what level and degree of knowledge you acquired and up to what degree and extent it managed to change your temporary or permanent behavior

·         Is Wenger's notion of the 'learning community' a valuable one here?

Gaining or exerting educational influence is independent to media of learning. One can receive educational influence from an individual, nature, learning community, conventional class-rooms, self-managed learning and so on.

Regards

Aga