Hi

We have been asked to do this by HR but declined. If they are well we do not treat them differently to any other worker?

Kind regards

Irene

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sharon SMith
Sent: 20 January 2011 14:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Continued employment following retirement age

Hi
I have been asked my our HR department to 'medical' someone to confirm that they are fit to continue working after their 65th birthday. This person has no history of illness on file, is not in an area that requires health surveillance and appears to have had very little sickness in the 10 years he has worked for the company.

Has anyone ever come across this type of medical and if so what have you done with them other than taking medical history and checking BP etc.

Thanks in advance

Sharon ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.

Your attention is drawn to the fact that this email originated from a source
external to NHS Borders. Monitoring of email is taking place for reasons as
stipulated in the NHS Borders E-mail Policy.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the NHS Borders Servicedesk on
01896 82 77 77.

Opinions expressed herein are those of the sender and do NOT represent the
corporate position of NHS  Borders

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper.