Hi all,

We use the EPINet access database too. It was provided by Becton Dickson as a freebie many years ago and has been helpful at risk assessment and reporting.  The questionnaire is very quick to run through by phone and because it is so structured is seems to allay some anxiety as it helps keep the injured person focussed.

We now have a web based reporting system using a button on the front page of our intranet. This generates a short email that goes to our nursing team.  We aim to call back to conduct the telephone assessment within 15 minutes when we’re open. The advantage of the web system is that when the person has pressed submit they are taken to a page that contains printed information and guidance about the injury and risk.

Regards

Paul

Paul D'Arcy
Clinical Nurse Leader