Dear Colleagues,

I have received two texts that might interest you.  I am proposing that the
review be completed by the end of April, earlier is of course great.

Michael D. Dahnke and h. Michael Dreher, *Philosophy of Science for Nursing
Practice: Concepts and Application.  *New York: Springer Publishing Company,
2011

From the back cover, "Tailored for both DNP and PhD doctoral nursing
programs this text is the first to focus on philosophy of science
applications to the discipline of nursing....The volume presents a creative
use of the social, political, and historical content [sic] in which nursing
has evolved."

The reality of the above statement is debatable but it gives a feel for the
text...

The other text is edited by Patricia D' Antonio and Sandra B Lewenson, *History
as Evidence:* *Nursing Interventions Through time. * New York: Springer
Publishing Company, 2011 .

A bit of the back page, "This invaluable resource documents how and why
specific nursing interventions came about, what aspects of these
interventions are utilized today and why, and how nurses of the past have
addressed and solved the challenges of practice...."

It seems to me these texts carry an apparent US focus, but the reviewer need
not be from the US. These texts might provide a rich opportunity for
commentary from other perspectives.

Since it is the weekend, I will be waiting a few days to make determinations
on to whom the book ought to be sent.
Thank you,

Bev Whelton
Book Review Editor for the Americas