Dear All,

We are a new partnership group of four museums in North Wales (Bodelwyddan Castle, Llanrwst Almshouses, Oriel ac Amgueddfa Gwynedd and Oriel Ynys Mon) working collaboratively to develop a more strategic approach to the role museums play in supporting the needs of mental health service users in the area.  We are anticipating submitting a grant application to CyMAL as a partnership to carry out an in-depth action research project which looks at the additional benefits museums can offer in health promotion as well as recovery from mental ill health.  Our goal is to use this project as an opportunity to refine the pre-existing knowledge and expertise within the partnership in order to develop a model for future partnership working (between museums and across the health, community and voluntary sectors).

We are inviting researchers/consultants to submit expressions of interest in carrying out the study on behalf of the partnership.  Please request a copy of the brief by sending an e-mail to me at [log in to unmask]  The brief is currently available in English; however, if you require a Welsh language version, please specify this in your e-mail request.

The deadline for expressions of interest is 20th January, you will then be invited to submit a more detailed application by the 30th April 2011.  Full details of how to apply are outlined in the research brief.

Kind regards,

Morrigan Mason, AMA

Is-gyfarwyddwr | Deputy Director

Ymddiriedolaeth Castell Bodelwyddan Castle Trust

T: 01745 584060

F: 01745 584563

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.bodelwyddan-castle.co.uk