Mae'r gwybodaeth yma yn dod o ffynhonnell y tu allan i CyMAL. Nid yw'r
gwybodaeth yma ar gael yn Gymraeg. Ymddiheurwn nad oes darpariaeth
ddwyieithog ar gael. Anfonwyd ar ran Carad (Community Arts Rhayader and
District).

The following information comes from a source outside of CyMAL and is
not available through the medium of Welsh. Please accept our apologies
for the lack of bilingual provision. Posted on behalf of Carad
(Community Arts Rhayader and District).

---

Mini Apprenticeships for Exhibition Construction at CARAD

CARAD (Community Arts Rhayader and District) is a small charity that
runs Rhayader Museum & Gallery. We have a rolling programme of
exhibitions throughout the year, which often require the construction of
displays, exhibition furniture etc. a bit like building sets for a
theatre. We have a dedicated group of craftsmen who undertake this work
on a voluntary basis. This group represents many years of experience and
excellent skills, which they are keen to pass on to younger people
interested in developing their own skills and getting involved in a
creative environment. We are offering a two day per week
mini-apprenticeship for six weeks with these craftsmen between 14th
February and 27th March. Participants will gain skills in:

- Reading technical drawings
- Woodwork
- Painting
- Safe use of tools
- Installing an exhibition

There are currently three places available on this project. Transport
costs will be provided.

Who we are looking for
People between 18-25 are particularly encouraged to apply, but there is
no upper age limit if the applicant is particularly enthusiastic. No
practical skills are required, but we are looking for people with a
genuine interest in the creative industries and a commitment to
attending all the training days. There is no commitment to becoming long
term members of CARADs Construction Group required, but we are hoping
that participants may volunteer some time for future projects.

How to apply

Phone Carrie Canham (Curator) at Rhayader Museum & Gallery for an
informal chat on 01597 810 561, Wednesday-Thursday, 10am-4pm. Successful
applicants will be notified by February 9th.

This opportunity has been made possible by Federation of Museums and Art
Galleries of Wales / Welsh Assembly Government funding.

---
Elizabeth Bennett

CyMAL: Amgueddfeydd Archifau a Llyfrgelloedd Cymru - CyMAL: Museums
Archives and Libraries Wales
Llywodraeth Cynulliad Cymru - Welsh Assembly Government

Rhodfa Padarn,
Aberystwyth,
Ceredigion,
SY23 3UR.