Rick Stewart has very kindly alerted me to an illustration of women dressing arsenic (at Devon Great Consols) which is in an article on arsenic production by Baring-Gould in The Graphic of 22nd July 1893. Does anyone know of a library or archive that holds a copy of this (other than the British Library, whose reproduction fees are rather high)? At the moment this is the only image I have found of females working at any of the Tamar mines. It is not in any of the Cornwall/Devon libraries or local to us (Forest of Dean).

Thanks,

Lynne Mayers