apologies for cross-posting!
Dear all,
I have just added over a hundred more images to my archive, from the
Landesmuseum in Mainz and the Museum of Applied Arts in Budapest. They
are in all parts of the site, but many are concentrated  in

http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/EleventhTwelfth5.html
where you will find a major Ottonian eagle fibula, an extraordinarily
three-dimensional ivory Virgin and Child, and an ivory Creation of the
Birds and Fish (for the art historians: related to the 'Cotton Genesis
recension')

and http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/HistoricalGlass4.html
where you will find a Merovingian glass drinking horn in excellent
condition, and a16th-c 'Corpus Christi flask'

and http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/SixteenthSeventeenth4.html
where you will see a musical automaton in the form of a male saint, as
well as some coconut-, ostrich egg-, and nautilus-shell oddities.

My question is about
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/images/MAABPassionIv5.jpg
which I interpret as the Mocking of Christ.
(You will find the full diptych of which this is a detail at
http://www.kornbluthphoto.com/ThirteenthFifteenth4.html along with wood
figures of St Christopher and St Margaret.)
I don't remember seeing elsewhere Christ's head wrapped in cloth, as
this ivory seems to show. Do any of you know similar imagery, or have
suggestions as to its meaning?

Best to all for a good New Year,
Genevra

to: [log in to unmask]