A little bit of searching on the Web produced citations of two other fourteenth-century texts:

a) an anonymous _Libro dei cinquanta miracoli della Vergine_ from the Veneto.  Edition: _Il libro dei cinquanta miracoli della Vergine_, edito ed illustrato da Ezio Levi (Bologna: Romagnoli-dall'Acqua, 1917; Collezione di opere inedite o rare dei primi tre secoli della lingua, [105])

b)  an unpublished collection by Duccio di Gano of Pisa, variously described, e.g.
"Nel Codice Vaticano Barberiniano 4032 i 'devoti miracoli' di Duccio di Gano del Trecento, raccolti dal padre Taucci e mai pubblicati."
and
"Duccio di Gano: I Miracoli della Vergine. Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana: Cod. Barb. Lat. 4032"

The page lengths of Sister Mary Vincentine Gripkey's "Mary Legends in Italian Manuscripts in the Major Libraries of Italy. Groups I-III", _Mediaeval Studies_ 14 (1952), 9-47 and "Mary Legends in Italian Manuscripts in the Major Libraries of Italy. Groups IV-V", _Mediaeval Studies_ 15, (1953), 14-46, which I think have already been mentioned in this thread, would not lead me to posit the existence of an "apparent lack of such Italian miracle collections".

Best again,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]