We are having a Twitter experiment today at our museum @rammuseum.

We got permission from our local authority to use Twitter last October. Usually I post our tweets helped by our ethnography curator Tony Eccles @anthonyeccles but today we are trying to get as many tweets from as many staff as we can. The aim is to let our public know what is going on while the museum is closed for redevelopment (we reopen in December), reach new people and to engage staff in using Twitter.

Our method is to have people text and email updates and images to our marketing team who are tweeting and Tony and I are providing support and any help needed.

We are a local authority museum which is why Twitter access is normally restricted to two people. Not being able to see what we are putting on Twitter does make it hard for our colleagues to engage with Twitter. However, our IT Services have given access to all museum staff for the day – huzzah!

Please drop by and have a look at our efforts http://twitter.com/RAMMuseum

Regards

Rick Lawrence RAMM Digital Media Officer