Not yet made a new year’s resolution? – Why not to brush up on your
marketing and advocacy skills?

On 11 January Creating Capacity is running:

Advocating your Service: basic planning tools to gain support and influence
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=90470&cour
seid=90470&zz=36618573>

This course is tailored to the needs of anyone with responsibility for
speaking out about the value of museums, libraries and archives. It will be
particularly valuable for those who negotiate team or organisational budgets
and or have responsibility for demonstrating the centrality of your
organisation's role to local, regional and central government agendas.  This
interactive day will be focused on case studies and practical exercises so
you can implement your learning when back at your desk.  By the end of the
day participants will have:

o          An understanding of what advocacy is and how to make best use of
it

o          Worked through tools for stakeholder and community engagement

o          A clearer view on which individuals have an impact on your
organisation’s success

o          Learned how to develop and implement an effective low cost
advocacy strategy

On 13 January we bring you the related course:

Low Cost Marketing: solutions for being effective in challenging times
<https://creatingcapacity.enterprisestudy.com/View.aspx?p=88817&c=86192&cour
seid=86192&zz=91625001>

Which is for all those who want refresh their knowledge on, or discover for
the first time, how to:

o          Develop and implement an effective marketing plan on a low budget

o          Build and sustain long-lasting relationships with visitors and
users

o          Identify and deliver on the organisation's unique properties

o          Design an action plan for marketing through a recession

For both courses the:

Venue is: Jewish Museum, Raymond Burton House, 129-131 Albert St, Camden
Town, NW1 7NB

Price is: £120 plus VAT including 3 months post course support from your
trainer

Interested? Then book online <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/>  or call me
on 07985 659425 for more information.

Interested but can't spare the time from my museum, library or archive for
training?  Then consider our tailored in-house
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/cc/index.aspx?id=4&nId=11>  package as a
low-cost alternative.

Kind regards,

Lucy Auger

Creating Capacity for Museums, Libraries and Archives
Tel:  079 8565 9425
Email: [log in to unmask]
Follow us on Twitter:  <http://www.twitter.com/LearningCC> @LearningCC

Web:  <http://www.creatingcapacity.org/> www.creatingcapacity.org

Learning programmes to develop confidence

and inspire the profession now and for the future

Full programme 2010 / 2011
<http://www.creatingcapacity.org/uploads/creating_capacity_programme_Sep_Mar
ch_2July_v12.pdf> here