I for one would definitely be interested if any has any experience of
this. I know its something we might be looking to explore as well.

John Peel
Collection Information Officer
Manchester Art Gallery
Mosley Street
M2 3JL
Tel  +44(0)161 235 8892
Fax  +44(0)161 235 7144
Text  +44(0)161 235 8893
www.manchestergalleries.org

Linda Spurdle <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]>
06/01/2011 11:31
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Exploring move from existing Local Authority ICT infrastructure/support to
other

Hi everyone

If you belong to a museum/museum service that has at some point had their
computer hardware, software, ICT infrastructure, support, etc via their
local authority but has then moved over to other suppliers/support I would
be very interested to hear from you. I imagine in most cases this change
would have been brought about by a local authority museum/museum service
moving over to Trust status but there may be other reasons.

Did you move over to someone providing a single solution or do you now
have multiple suppliers/support? Do you have in-house support? What
challenges were caused by the changeover? What have been the advantages
and disadvantages of changing over? Has it saved money? And please tell me
anything else I really should know!

Suspect not many people will be able to answer these questions - but that
I won't be the last to ask them!

All feedback gratefully received!

Thanks

Linda

Linda Spurdle
Digital Manager
Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. The full text of the Council's email disclaimer is available at http://www.manchester.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept  for the presence of computer viruses.
Please contact [log in to unmask] with any queries.
You can have your say on Manchester City Council budget plans for 2011/12 - if you are a resident your view is more important than ever as there is less money. Visit http://www.manchester.gov.uk/budget and tell us what you think of our spending priorities.