Hello all

A new online exhibition from Special Collections, curated by me and inspired of course by the British Museum/BBC series.  Each week meet one of the most important or interesting items from Special Collections.  The first object is the University’s Charter, which thanks to “Red” Ted Edwards, our first Vice-Chancellor, includes a commitment to using knowledge for human welfare, reflected in the development of Peace Studies and many other initiatives.

http://100objectsbradford.wordpress.com/

The idea behind the exhibition is to exploit the potential of social media to (cheaply!) share knowledge and content that we already have.  We’re starting softly as we have no budget, but it’s receiving a great response.  I’d be really interested to hear from anyone doing something with the 100 objects motif or who would like to know more about how we are doing this.

Big thanks to everyone who has replied about the Special Collections Handbook.  I’m hoping to include all the great suggestions I’ve received.

All the best

Alison

Alison Cullingford
Special Collections Librarian
J.B. Priestley Library

University of Bradford, Bradford.  BD7 1DP.

Tel: +44 (0) 1274 235256
Email:

Web: http://www.bradford.ac.uk/library/special