Give your career a kick start this new year with CILIP Training & Development. Whether it's for your own CPD or for your library/information service, now more than ever it seems the LIS community needs to demonstrate its value to the wider community.

Scroll down for upcoming courses this February and March...

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

PARTNERSHIP WORKING IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         Partnership working: 5 different models

*         Indentifying potential partners and assessing stakeholder interest

*         The partnership lifecycle and developing a partnership agreement

*         Constructive problem solving
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/partnership-working-in-public-libraries.aspx

MANAGING YOUR LIBRARY BUDGET

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         Income and expenditure headings in a library budget

*         Considerations in constructing a cashflow forecast

*         Introduction to variance analysis and financial management reporting

*         Corrective measures to keep the budget on track
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/managing-library-budget.aspx

COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT: EFFECTIVE STOCK MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         What is a Collection Development Policy?

*         Case study of good practice

*         Communicating your policy
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/collection-development.aspx

SUPPORTING CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:

 *   Learning difficulties and their implications
 *   Supporting learning, information literacy, library skills and homework in school and public libraries
 *   Suitable resources and ways to foster reading skills and enjoyment
 *   Effective methods for supporting learning and reading difficulties

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/supporting-children-with-special-educational-needs.aspx

BRINGING A BUSINESS MIND TO NON-PROFIT SERVICES

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         It's OK to talk money

*         Getting fit for purpose - the lens of the customer

*         Defining professional knowledge and opinions in business terms

*         Cost, price and value

*         The business case

http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/bringing-a-business-mind-to-non-profit-services.aspx

SUPERVISORY SKILLS

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         Role of the supervisor

*         Boundaries - what they are and how to implement them?

*         Managing work - allocation, delegation and abrogation

*         Setting SMART goals

*         How to give and receive constructive criticism

*         Briefing staff and keeping them informed
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/supervisory-skills.aspx

Don't forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.
Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training

Can't make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.
Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/onsite