Hi Frances

I have to agree with you.

There is no ‘I’ in ‘team’ but there is an ‘e’ in both ‘we’ and ‘lead.’

As I have said before it has been and remains the role for all of us to promote, develop and advocate locally the value of libraries, obviously, particularly now and of course appropriate promotion/pressure/challenge in our own authorities is vital as is being demonstrated in some places.

But sorry- that does not mean there has not been and still is a desperate need for effective national advocacy from a central body. That everything should to be down to ‘we’/’us’ locally. If we had all managed to push for this more effectively in the past then perhaps in the current dire economic circumstances libraries would not appear to be the first things a number of authorities appear to go for cutting now.

Cheers

Alan

Alan Issler,
Neighbourhood and Enterprise Manager,