UKSG and NASIG are again offering the John Merriman Award - so why not consider attending a conference in a different country this year?

But hurry - the closing date is Monday 17th January 2011.

The Award covers all conference expenses, as well as costs for travel and accommodation, and is open to those in function positions with direct responsibility for some aspect of managing e-resources within a Library or Information Service.

US delegates have the opportunity to attend the UKSG Annual Conference in Harrogate, Yorkshire, 4-6 April 2011.
UK delegates have the opportunity to attend the NASIG Annual Conference in St Louis, Missouri, 2-5 June 2011.
The UK delegate is kindly sponsored by Taylor & Francis.

For full application details please see:
http://www.uksg.org/events/merrimanaward
http://www.nasig.org/about_awards_merriman.cfm

Feedback from last year's John Merriman Award winners:

"I had an enjoyable and engrossing time at the NASIG Annual Conferences in 2010. The opportunity to network with fellow UK and US librarians/publishing staff, and the exchange of ideas which evolved from such discussions, is one I will cherish for a long time to come. The atmosphere at both the UKSG and NASIG conferences was a mix of collaboration, sharing and friendliness, and I cannot think of any other events within the library/publishing industry which achieve this fully." Mitchell Dunkley, Principal Information Assistant, Kimberlin Library, De Montfort University, Leicester

"I wanted to say again what a terrific experience it was, both professionally and personally, to be able to attend UKSG.  I love this idea of cross pollination -- and while some of the goals I set might not have turned out the way I expected, it was an extremely positive and valuable trip." Selden Durgom Lamoureux, Electronic Resources Librarian, North Carolina State University Libraries

Kate Price
Chair - UKSG Education Subcommittee
+44 (0)1483 682876