Dear colleagues

I wonder if you’d be willing to share your approach to bibliometrics training amongst research-active staff at your institution?

Loughborough University Library has, to date, offered workshops to specific faculties and departments both on request and as a form of outreach.  As of April we are beginning to incorporate sessions on citation analysis into our mainstream workshop programme for academics and researchers.  We are also part of an East Midlands consortium that plans to develop an online bibliometrics tutorial for researchers.

Could I ask what form of bibliometrics training and support you offer?  If you provide workshops, what do you cover?  And what is the take-up?

If you prefer to respond to me directly, I will summarise for the list.

Many thanks, Lizzie

Elizabeth Gadd MSc FHEA MCLIP
Academic Services Manager (Engineering)
Study Skills Coordinator