> LexisNexis have said that the problem lies with us

It should be relatively simple to prove this.  Turn on SAML logging (look for PROTOCOL_MESSAGE in logging.xml) and the next time
someone sees this take a look in the log to see what was issued.

Two options: either the targetted ID was issued in which case you can point this to LexisNexis, or you didn't issue it in which case
the logging trail above may help.  If it doesn't you may want to turn on debug logging for the attribute resolver (or everything if
you don't mind the log bloat) and see what's up.

Rod