My apologies for cross-posting but please do forward this enquiry to
anyone who might be able to help.

I am currently planning an exhibition with the National Waterfront
Museum in Swansea on 'A World of Welsh Copper'. Our aim is to
highlight the global links of the Welsh copper industry, primarily
raising awareness of the smelting activities in south Wales but also
incorporating all the mining links with north Wales, Cornwall/West
Devon and of course beyond in Chile, Cuba, South Africa, Newfoundland
and further and nearer afield.

As part of this exhibition we are creating a short film which will
incorporate a 3D animation of the 19th century smelting works dotted
around the lower Tawe valley in Swansea. One of the aspects of this I
would like to work on with the makers is the soundtrack/soundscape.
Has anyone done this before without resorting to 'stock' sounds of
steam beam engines, etc? Are there any relatively good quality
soundbanks available for historic industrial sounds? Engines, rolling
mills, furnaces, what else?

If anyone has any advice on this subject I would be very grateful indeed.

With all good wishes,
Tehmina

--
Dr Tehmina Goskar, MA AMA

http://tehmina.goskar.com/

Research Officer: ESRC History, Heritage, and Urban Regeneration: The
Global and Local Worlds of Welsh Copper
History & Classics
University of Swansea