Give your career a kick start this new year with CILIP Training & Development. Whether it's for your own CPD or for your library/information service, now more than ever it seems the LIS community needs to demonstrate its value to the wider community.

Scroll down for upcoming courses this February and March...

Don't forget - CILIP members receive up to 40% discount on all CILIP training.

CRITICAL APPRAISAL SKILLS FOR HEALTHCARE LIBRARIANS: THE BASICS

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

 *   Evaluate and interpret research papers

 *   Critical appraisal of quantitative research
 *   Critical appraisal of systematic review
 *   Qualitative research vs. quantitative research

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/critical-appraisal-skills-the-basics.aspx

SUPERVISORY SKILLS

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         Role of the supervisor

*         Boundaries - what they are and how to implement them?

*         Managing work - allocation, delegation and abrogation

*         Setting SMART goals

*         How to give and receive constructive criticism

*         Briefing staff and keeping them informed
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/supervisory-skills.aspx

ABSTRACTING WITH CONFIDENCE: ELECTRONIC
10 FEBRUARY 2011, LONDON

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

*         Reproducing screen-based content

*         Signposting on web pages

*         Dealing unhelpful screen layout

*         Principles associated with summarising electronic content
FULL DETAILS: http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/abstracting-with-confidence-electronic.aspx

MAKING DATABASE TRAINING INTERESTING - FULLY BOOKED. Waiting list only.

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:

 *   The challenges of database training
 *   The characteristics of effective training sessions
 *   Designing database and IT-based training
 *   Identify and evaluate a range of interactive activities for use in database training sessions

FULL DETAILS:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/jobs-careers/training/pages/making-database-training-interesting.aspx

Don't forget all CILIP Members receive a 40% discount on all our training courses.
Browse all our courses online: http://www.cilip.org.uk/training

Can't make it to our London training venue? Why not have our training brought to you with our Onsite training programme. Any of the above courses can be delivered direct to your workplace if you have 5 or more people with training needs.
Find out more:  http://www.cilip.org.uk/onsite