From: John Bibby <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, 14 January, 2011 14:54:54
Subject: Re: Freelance rates

Nigel's 2004 document quotes £240 pd as an average: so has it not gone up since
2004?

I generally quote 'up to £600' say, making it clear that the price can be
considerably lower if the assignment is particularly easy (no preparation or
follow-up needed), near, interesting, longterm (many days) or charitable etc.

JOHN BIBBY

On 14 January 2011 14:01, Nigel Sadler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have attached a document which I think GEM issued in 2004 with regard to
setting freelance rates. I think this covers the basics of why a
freelancer/consultant fee can appear quite high.