MISTA 2011: Call for Papers

(Multidisciplinary International Scheduling Conference: Theory and Applications)

Dates: 9th– 12th August 2011

Location: Arizona, USA

This is the preliminary call for papers for the Multidisciplinary International
Scheduling Conference: Theory and Applications.

The deadline for submission of papers is provisionally 30th January 2011.

Conference Scope

This conference is the fifth in a series of conferences (the first took place
in Nottingham, UK in August 2003, the 2nd in New York in July 2005, the 3rd
in Paris in 2007 and the 4th in Dublin in 2009) that serves as a forum for
an international community of researchers, practitioners and vendors on all
aspects of multi-disciplinary scheduling. The conference will cover, but not
be limited to, the following disciplines:

• Artificial Intelligence
• Computer Science
• Engineering
• Management
• Manufacturing
• Mathematics
• Operational Research

The aim is to bring together scheduling researchers and practitioners from
all the disciplines that engage with scheduling research. The scope of the
conference includes (but is not limited to):

• Agent Based Scheduling
• Algorithmics
• Applications
• Automated Reasoning
• Batch Scheduling
• Commercial Packages
• Complexity of Scheduling Problems
• Constraint Logic Programming
• Delivery Scheduling
• Evolutionary Algorithms
• Heuristic Search
• Knowledge-Based Systems
• Large Scale Scheduling
• Local Search
• Machine Scheduling
• Meta-heuristic Search
• Multi-processor Scheduling
• Process Scheduling
• Production Scheduling
• Real World Scheduling
• Real-Time Scheduling
• Rostering
• Rule-Based Expert Systems
• Shop-Floor Scheduling
• Sports Scheduling
• Theoretical Scheduling
• Timetabling
• Transport Scheduling
• Vehicle Routing

Submission Details

Authors are invited to submit papers in one of two categories

1. Full Papers: These can be up to 10 pages and will be accepted as full papers
at the conference.
2. Extended Abstracts: These shorter papers (to a maximum of 3 pages) will give
you the opportunity to present your work at the conference. The abstracts will
also appear in the conference proceedings.

Plenary Talks

These will be announced in due course

Venue

The venue will be announced shortly but it will be in Arizona

Conference Proceedings

We will be providing the proceedings on CD or USB. Both papers and abstracts
will be included in the conference proceedings. We will also make all the papers
available on the conference web site after the conference.

Post Conference Special Issue

Both categories of papers will be invited to submit suitably revised and extended
versions to a post conference issue of the Journal of Scheduling.

Formatting Guidelines

We will be providing both Word templates and Latex styles. We will only accept
PDF file that have been formatted using these formatting styles.

We do NOT want page numbers on the submissions as we will add these for the
conference proceedings.

Conference Chairs

• John Fowler, Arizona State University, USA
• Graham Kendall, University of Nottingham, UK
• Barry McCollum, Queens University Belfast, UK