This discussion also relates to the discussion on HINARI posted by Jon, Neil and Pranab earlier.

A certain mindset may not realize that many authors, systematic reviewers,researchers in the third world do not have access to libraries in their university or organization ( libraries which are able to pay fees to subscribe to these journals ). So these authors need to access them from elsewhere.

This elsewhere is typically PDFs forwarded to them by well meaning gracious colleagues from across the globe who respond to them individually (and they are never caught because their intentions are good).

Unfortunately till 'Open Access' becomes a reality (and programs like HINARI develop some kind of terminal disease) this is the  way for colleagues working in places labeled less developed.

The constraints on systematic reviewers challenged for access to information is best not left to the imagination of those who have never experienced such challenges (but long live their graciousness).

regards,

rakesh