Dear Soumya,
The University of Sheffield (ScHARR) conducted a systematic review of this topic
in 2010 as part of the work for the proposed NICE guidance on this subject:
Systematic review of dietary and/or physical activity interventions for weight
management in pregnancy
http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11977/47497/47497.pdf
It is an excellent 165 page long document and my advice to you would be to read
it thoroughly cover to cover, before you post any further questions on the
subject to this Group.
There was also an accompanying economic modelling report from ScHARR to
supplement the evidence review:
Weight Management in Pregnancy: Economic Modelling
http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11977/47496/47496.pdf

Hope you find this useful.

Ash
Dr Ash Paul