I find EndNote powerfully useful for organizing my thoughts, storing references, and producing papers (although I don't do systematic reviews); it appears to me to be more usable than Reference Manager.

Jim

James M. Walker, MD, FACP
Chief Health Information Officer
Geisinger Health System

JabRef reference manager - http://jabref.sourceforge.net/

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Jo Jordan <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> My query is concerned with the practical aspects of conducting a
> systematic review.
>
> I have had another frustrating week downloading and de-duplicating
> results from a large systematic review search, using a combination of
> RefWorks and Reference Manager. As usual I have come to the conclusion
> that all these packages, while they each have their advantages, are
> not designed for doing systematic reviews or large structured searches
> that involve searching a number of databases.
>
> I have managed to find a way round these issues, but was wondering
> what software packages other people use for this task and to see if
> there is anything better out there.
>
> Many thanks,
> Jo
>
> --

> Jo Jordan
> Research Information Manager
> Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre
> Primary Care Sciences
> Keele University
> Keele, UK
> ST5 5BG
> Email: [log in to unmask]
> Website: http://www.keele.ac.uk/research/pchs/pcmrc/

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.