Dear All

The p value has the same representative role as CI to the statistical result. The former tell us that we accept for example a 5% of alpha error, meaning that we might have 5% of chance of accepting the alternative Hypothesis as true when in fact it is not. The CI, represents the interval in which we can accept the alternative hypothesis with a 95% of chance of being the truth.

When we get a paper, we can infer the CI if this is not presented.

For this, we have only to apply the formula:

SE = SD/√N

Then:

95% CI (lowest value) = mean –(1,96 X SE)

95% CI (highest value) = mean + (1,96 X SE)

Wishes,

Marcelo Katz, M.D PhD

Albert Einstein Hospital