From: Jim Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 24 January 2011, 17:59
Subject: Re: Meaning Based Healthcare

Agreed, Douglas.
Berg (below) has documented many of the theoretical and actual reasons that diagnostic-support tools are easier to create about than to demonstrate effective in actual practice.

Berg, M. (1997). Rationalizing Medical Work: Decision-Support Techniques and Medical Practices. New Baskerville, The MIT Press.

Jim

James M. Walker, MD, FACP
Chief Medical Information Officer
Geisinger Health System

                                               - Alan Kay
>>> Douglas Badenoch  01/24/11 4:59 AM >>>
Hi Julian

Interesting idea.

I have a feeling that you have a commercial interest in this area.  If
so, could you please declare it when you make your first post?

Some of the list subscribers may be happy to provide marketing
intelligence for free, but I think that this should be made clear up front.

Do you have any studies validating the clinical effectiveness of such
software?  It might be a plan to post some summaries of these to the group.

cheers

Douglas

--
Mr Douglas Badenoch
Director, Minervation Ltd
-------------------------
23 Bonaly Grove
Edinburgh
EH13 0QB
Tel:  +44 131 441 4699
Web:  www.minervation.com
Minervation is a limited company registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 4135916
VAT number: 792674384
Registered Office: Salter's Boat Yard, Folly Bridge, Abingdon Road, Oxford, OX1 4LB
United Kingdom