Hi Carlos,

I am a pediatrician and methodologist in Portugal; you might check a paper we wrote a few years ago in Journal of Pediatrics, before the Plos Med review; topic: placebo response in migraine trials, also almost twice as that in adult trials. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18346509

The placebo literature and discussion, be it methodological, ethical, clinical, has been going on for decades now. Goetzsche's NEJM/cochrane review revived it in the late 90s. Fascinating stuff, with a lot of neuroscience backing it up. Neonatal placebo is obviously a provocative question...:)

My thoughts are with the previous replies; placebo response is NOT the same as effect, and most of it is probably methodological issues and measurement bias.

Cheers, Ricardo.