FW: The Sketchbook Conference Cambridge
------ Forwarded Message
From: "Paula Briggs, AccessArt" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:42:33 +0000
To: "Paula Briggs, AccessArt" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The Sketchbook Conference Cambridge

The Sketchbook Conference, March 19th 2011, The Kaetsu Centre, Cambridge
http://www.accessart.org.uk/events

Apologies for cross posting

Join us for an inspirational day, with lectures, seminars and workshops which share practice, enable and inspire the use of sketchbooks amongst the whole community.

The Sketchbook Conference will be THE place for teachers to develop their sketchbook approach. The Conference builds upon the knowledge and expertise built by AccessArt through its two renowned sketchbook projects; Sketchbooks in Schools and Sketchbook Space. Together with inspirational presentations and workshop led by key practitioners from a diverse range of backgrounds, AccessArt aims the day to be packed full of activity, opportunity and ideas.

Early Bird prices available Register Now Only £91.00: http://www.accessart.org.uk/events

Programme:

In addition to the workshops, presentations and seminars below, The Sketchbook Conference will incorporate:

Sketchbook Handling Exhibition: Delegates and practitioners will be invited to loan examples of their sketchbooks towards a handling exhibition. We’re imagining an awe-inspiring, eclectic, mountain of sketchbooks – adults, children artists…! We’ll see what we get – but pls – Bring your sketchbooks! And be Inspired.

Sketchbook Wonder Wall: The opportunity for you to network and chat – via a wall! Imagine social networking combined with good old fashioned pen and paper. We’ll provide the wall, and you can scrawl your sketchbook problems/solutions/issues/opportunities/contacts. We’ll carry on the debate which the Sketchbook Wonder Wall starts online via the Studio Project website after the conference is over.

Sketchbook Stalls: We welcome Seawhite at The Sketchbook Conference.

 9.15 Registration opens
 10.00 Conference Begins: Key Note Speakers: Eileen Adams, Consultant for The Campaign for Drawing, Paula Briggs and Sheila Ceccarelli, AccessArt
 11.35 Sketchbook Making Workshops
 12.30 Lunch
 13.30 Afternoon sessions, Workshops and presentations including:
                    Rebecca Hoyes, First Eleven Studio, London
                    Eileen Adams, Consultant The Campaign For Drawing
                    Christopher Platt, Senior Lecturer, Director Graduations Studies, Department of Architecture, Univeristy of Strathclyde
                      Cavan Pledge and Jenny Lane, Goldsmiths
 16.45 Close

For more information pls visit http://www.accessart.org.uk/events/?p=101  Further details about the day will be uploaded as they become available.
Sketchbook Image by Jenny Lane

 Best wishes Paula Briggs
 01223 262134
 AccessArt [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
http://www.accessart.org.uk
Registered Charity No: 1105049  Company Limited: 05110197

------ End of Forwarded Message

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and then delete it. Unless it specifically states otherwise this email does not form part of a contract.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of University College Falmouth. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. University College Falmouth accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses