Hi,

A couple of weeks ago Televisión Espańola released this documentary about the "planned obsolescence" of products as the driving force of permanent consumption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QosF0b0i2f0

I'm proud to say that... it's in Spanish:)! Still, it's clear, the images speak for themselves and there's loads of interviewing in English. It definitelly is worth a look, it's an excellent documentary (if we analyse it critically). Pity the message is more or less that we should "go back to the 1960s" and that it's evidently been funded by Philips, one of the companies that took (and takes!) this idea to the extreme. But still the examples are great and very clear, worth to be used in lectures.

Best wishes,
Jeronimo

Jerónimo Montero
Research Postgraduate (PhD)
Department of Geography
University of Durham

Latin American Editor for Human Geography
www.hugeog.com

Research fellow - Lateinamerika-Institüt
Freie Universität Berlin &
Ibero-Amerikanisches Institüt
www.desigualdades.net