Folks .

1. CHE graduates Dan Glass and Adam Weymouth are amongst the 20 convicted
last week (as per the link in this article) - with the police insider now
recanting and backing a related set of defendants. Don't know how that will
affect Dan's and Adam's convictions of which the judge said they were acting
with "the highest possible motives".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/09/undercover-office-green-activists

2. A good unpacking of climate change distortion/denial journalism as aimed
at the comfort of the rich here:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2011/01/forbes-rich-list-of-no
nsense/#more-5984

3. On 2010 global warming, it seems that not all the data sources are yet
collated (one website suggests tech problems with some of the data), but the
UAH satellite temperature data suggests 2010 came within one hundredth of a
degree of being the warmest ever recorded - sourced here at the blog of
climate change contrarian Roy Spencer. Where Spencer tries to play this
down, pointing out that the difference between 2010 and 1998 (when there was
strong  El Nino warming) is "nowhere near statistically significant," note
that he is speaking of about statistical difference between global average
temperature anomalies of 1998 (+0.424 deg. C) and 2010 (+0.411 deg. C).
That's why there's no statistical difference - the two years are
statistically tied for the warmest years ever. I'd be interested to hear
views on where it all stands from some of you with better access to other
datasets than I've got (or am competent to interpret).

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2011/01/dec-2010-uah-global-temperature-update-0
-18-deg-c/

4. Personally, I'm holed up in my cave just now and will be for the next few
months, trying to write and to keep off emails except those that help earn a
crust. Anybody waiting on an answer for something, my apologies, and blast
me with block caps or down the phone.

A good and interesting new year to all,

Alastair.

 * Website:  <http://www.AlastairMcIntosh.com> www.AlastairMcIntosh.com
 *
 * Email:    <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
 *
 * Alastair McIntosh
 * 26 Luss Road
 * Drumoyne