Bernhard,

thanks for the info.  Do you think that confirmation mode should be a
default?  True, in many gui toolkits file chooser dialogs overwrite
protection is not a default, but I'd think it's better to place
safeguards against potential data loss.  Then I can always turn it off
if I am brave enough.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore