Herman

Thanks. 5-10 degrees is certainly high whatever definition one uses.

In the list I gave, I didn't include "relative to the angular separation of the diffraction spots in reciprocal space."

I would like to say that I didn't include it to see if anyone else came up with this one. In fact, I just forgot it.

This definition is (I think) independent of the instrument and depends on things like the resolution of the data and the unit cell size. I guess I am coming to this from the point of view of separating out the intrinsic and instrument dependent features in order to identify the limitations of data collection procedures.

Of course, this is no use at all to José who raised the original question so apologies to him and others who have addressed his question more directly.

Regards

Colin