I vaguely remember a paper by Aled Edwards, where they did the statistics for their targets at SGC. As far as I recall they engineer with cleavable tag purify and cyrstallize it first with tag and only if they don't get crystals or a structure they cleave off the tag and rerun the screens. I think the numbers where 30% of the proteins have been cleaved.

Jürgen

-
Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894