  From: Alison Croggon
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: Thanks, Robin.--Other Questions

  Rexroth's introduction is salutory and fascinating; as you say, full of bracing insights. I hadn't read it before. Many thanks for the link.

  xA

  On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:37 AM, colin herd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Another interesting aspect of that anthology is that Scottish poet Joseph MacLeod is in it twice. Once as Joseph Macleod, and again as Adam Dirnan, the pseudonym he used when he became famous working for the BBC, to avoid the stigma of fame affecting the approach he took when writing poetry. Would be interesting to know if Rexroth was aware they were the same writer, though perhaps not, because the secret was not made public until 1953.