My apologies to Alec Newman for mis-writing his name!

And, Giles, why the "ouch"?  If it's for Tom Leonard's wonderful poster poem----oh yes!

Best,

Judy

On 14 January 2011 17:51, Judy Prince <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I heartily second Randy Newman's recommendation, particularly Tom Leonard's latest collection, a generous selection of his poems from 1965 to 2009, Outside the Narrative.

A USAmerican, I feel that David Latane's students would react strongly positively to Tom Leonard's works which range from his recent "Epithalamium," (2006) written for his son's wedding, to his apt and forceful political poems such as "The 6 O'Clock News" (Intimate Voices, Galloping Dog Press, 1984)  My favourite of his poster poems is this one:

AN

OXFORD

DICTIONARY

OF