There's an immensely talented female poet living in the Shetlands, Jen
Hadfield, who in 2008 was the youngest poet to win the TS Eliot Prize for
her collection *Nigh-No-Place.  *

Born in 1978 in Cheshire to a Canadian mother and British father, Hadfield
studied English Language and Literature at the University of Edinburgh,
going on to earn an MLitt with distinction from the Universities of Glasgow
and Strathclyde, tutored by Tom Leonard.  She won an Eric Gregory Award in
2003 for the then unpublished* Almanacs *(Bloodaxe 2005).

Best,

Judy