From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anthony Kearney
Sent: 12 January 2011 13:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Network Monitoring Problem - daily warnings that Blackboard is down

Hi all,

does anyone use Network Performance Monitor (NPM) or other tools on their network to monitor server health?  We do - it checks every 60 seconds that the BB website is available and sends an alert if not.

I'm getting daily notifications that Blackboard is going offline for about three minutes at 02:45 every morning. There is no indication that it actually does go down, nothing in the logs and no problems reported. There may be some BB housekeeping going on at this time that causes the webpage to time out but I'm unable to trace anything.

Just wondered if anyone else has ever seen a similar problem.

Thanks

Anthony

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this email. Please direct any concerns to [log in to unmask]
The policy is available here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/LIS/Email-Policy