Bishopsgate Library is looking for a volunteer to assist in the digitisation and cataloguing of the collection of esteemed photographer Phil Maxwell, an invaluable resource on the social and cultural history of the East End of London compiled over 30 years. More information on Phil and his work can be found at: http://www.philmaxwell.co.uk/ and http://spitalfieldslife.com/2010/08/06/phil-maxwell-photographer/.

We require an enthusiastic, self-motivated and well-organised volunteer to undertake the project for half to a full day each week. Basic PC skills are essential and knowledge of scanning and Photoshop would be an advantage. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed. In addition, volunteers will be given insights into the scope of the collections, services and activities at Bishopsgate Library.
Bishopsgate Institute is a cultural institute based in an impressive Grade II listed building in central London. The Institute has been providing a space for people with a thirst for knowledge to learn and flourish since 1895 and we continue to do this through our courses, library and cultural events. Our Library has also become an essential reference point for anyone interested in the social and cultural history of the East End with an extensive London Collection of books, pamphlets, archives and photographs. Other collections include the papers of Charles Bradlaugh, George Jacob Holyoake, historian Raphael Samuel and the records of the London Co-operative Society, British Humanist Association, Stop the War Coalition and the Lesbian and Gay Newsmedia Archive. Further information on the Institute and the Library can be found at: http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/library.

To apply, please submit a CV by email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.If you have any other queries about the project, please contact Stefan Dickers (020 7392 9270).
Stefan Dickers
Library and Archives Manager
Bishopsgate Institute
230 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 4QH

T   020 7392 9292
E   [log in to unmask]
W   www.bishopsgate.org.uk<http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/>

Bishopsgate Institute: A Cultural Institute for London
Sign up to our e-mail list<http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/registration.asp> to receive regular updates about our courses, library and cultural events

This message may contain privileged or confidential information and is
intended for the named addressee. If you have received this message in
error, please notify Bishopsgate Foundation & Institute by telephone on
020 7392 9200 (+44 20 7392 9200 from outside the U.K.). We reserve
the right to monitor emails in accordance with all relevant legislation and
we do not accept liability for any errors or viruses in this e-mail.